Monday, May 18, 2015

REVIEW - ANDES by Crescent City Clouds





Crescent City Clouds


Andes


Welcome to the Clouds



Crescent City Clouds hails from the Big Easy, New Orleans. Our juice is hand crafted to perfection and strives to produce a crisp, clean vaping experience. The Max VG formula ensures full flavor as well as giant clouds, we do have clouds in our name after all. All flavors were created under one goal, to produce all day vaping pleasure. Each flavor has at least four different flavoring agents in them to create complexity, allowing each individual vapor to have their own user experience while still having the same fantastic common punch of flavor. Hopefully you enjoy the juice as much as we have enjoyed created them.  (from their website)

The flavor wizard at Crescent City Clouds is a gentleman named Chris Flowers.  His aim is to create a high quality e-liquid product that delivers a clean and crisp vape experience.  Not only has he achieved that with his 2 different product lines, he offers superb customer service (including a free 15ml bottle of juice with every order).  Turn around on your order is quick and it’ll arrive in your mailbox within days.

I can also vouch that, if you're lucky enough to get to know him at all and he says he'll hook you up on your order, Chris will DEFINITELY hook you up!

After hearing awesome things about his line of juices, I knew I had to place an order.  The first thing I noticed when pulling up his website is that he has different deals every day.  I just happened to go shopping when his weekly deal was a 30ml bottle of Hermes and a 30ml of Andes for $20.  What a deal!!  Of course, I had to snap it up!

Right now, I want to talk about Andes.

You can find the flavor profile for this juice on his site:  Andes hits you with a blast of mint on the inhale and a smooth dark chocolate exhale rounds the flavor to perfection. This flavor is part of The Second Line, Pre-Steeped, and ready to vape!

Now, just between you and me, who DOESN’T love those Andes mints?

Opening the bottle, your senses are immediately caressed with the aroma of a really good quality peppermint patty.  The dark chocolate, the crisp peppermint – it entices you to want to explore this decadent juice further.

As I always try to do, I first tasted a drop of this juice on my finger.  It is very reminiscent of a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie – but without all those pesky calories you are “forced” to consume when you find yourself with an empty box half an hour after opening your purchase.  (Yes, it’s THAT good – and THAT potentially addictive!)

I juiced up some fresh cotton in my RDA and fired my mod a few times just to see how the aroma changed with a bit of heat.  As the vapor rose to my nose, I could immediately pick out those delicate notes of dark chocolate, so perfectly underscored by that vibrant mint.

Starting at 50 watts, I took my first vape of this amazing concoction.  On the inhale, you can definitely taste a very creamy mint – it’s not like eating a starlight mint or chewing a piece of gum.  The flavor is this wonderful combination of peppermint and spearmint tied together and mellowed by a warm vanilla cream.

The exhale was just as wonderful – that sumptuous dark chocolate supported with by the mint but definitely not overpowered by it.

As I increased the wattage on my mod bit by bit, I was very pleased that the flavors didn’t turn harsh at higher wattage or temperatures.  The flavor stayed true.  In fact, it only got better with each adjustment.

While I wouldn’t necessarily classify Andes as an “all day vape,” this would definitely be a wonderful choice as an after-dinner juice.  This is one of those juices that would be a great complement to the end of an amazing meal – just as the mints themselves were designed to be.  A cup of coffee and this juice, and your dessert would be made.

This would also be a great choice to “cure” a mild case of vapor’s tongue.  The mint cleanses the palate just enough that your taste buds come back to life so you can taste all those other yummy flavors in the Crescent City Clouds’ line once again.

(A post script of sorts – Andes is also a quite welcome juice to vape on a hot day.  That mint flavor is refreshing and cooling, making the heat of the day less oppressive, less intense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment