Thursday, May 14, 2015

REVIEW - Truffle Shuffle by Coil Vapes



Coil Vapes

http://www.coilvapes.com


GEM’s Truffle Shuffle
 

Located out of New Orleans, Coil Vapes is touted as “New Orleans’ first premium boutique e-liquid.”  Coil Vapes is not your normal line of juice blends – the flavor combinations are unique.  They take well known flavors like spearmint, nectarine, peanut butter, and even something like gelato… and either amplify the flavors or put their unique twist on the combinations.

The results?  Amazing juices with gourmet flavors you will want to vape again and again.

The gourmand behind this line of fantastic flavor is Dean Hionakis.  Since starting the company in May 2014, the company has focused on providing high quality juice in flavors people will love to vape.  Their customer service is first rate, and Dean aims to ensure every customer is left satisfied with their Coil Vapes experience.

Along with the tried and true flavors like Nectarcus and Peanut Butter Slap that have cult-like followings, Coil Vapes has launched a new line of juice called Group of Elite Mods (or GEM), and one of the new flavors is called Truffle Shuffle.

The flavor profile for Truffle Shuffle is described as “Dark Belgium Raspberry Confection; set apart from competitive dark dessert flavors, it’s designed to be a special and exquisite profound essence. This luxurious and silky dessert flavor is designed for any day happiness.”
 
Now, as a child of the 80s, I was intrigued with this juice at first because of the name.  I’ve seen the movie “The Goonies” more times than I care to count, and Truffle Shuffle brought back memories of a much simpler time when my worldly stresses were a minimum.  (C’mon, who wouldn’t be intrigued by something that brought back fond childhood memories?)

After reading the flavor profile, I was sold.  I had to order a bottle to try.

As always with Coil Vapes, Dean had my order in the mail and to my PO Box within just a few days.  After waiting a couple days to finally try it (because I knew it would disappear fast), I broke in to it last night and boy oh boy, I was not disappointed.

As I always do, I started by trying a drop on my finger to just test the overall flavor.  But before I could even try it, the smell had my taste buds active.  It smelled just like opening a bag of Lindt dark chocolate raspberry truffles or unwrapping a decadent Godiva dark chocolate raspberry bar.

Tasting just a drop on my finger, before heating the juice, I was met with a very powerful, intense flavor; the raspberry is very vibrant, the dark chocolate actually being a subordinate flavor.  I wasn’t upset about that at all, though, as dark chocolate is not my favorite.

Applying the juice to fresh cotton, I set my mod to 50 watts and took my first vape.  On the inhale, the flavor is not as intense as it was without heat – it doesn’t just grab you by the throat.  The chocolate flavor is very delicate with almost an undertone of a really good coffee.  It also doesn’t taste burnt or artificial like a lot of chocolate e-juices tend to taste.  The raspberry isn’t as dominant – very minimal on the inhale. 

Upon exhale, the raspberry is more prominent, starting at the back of the tongue and working out into your nostrils and the rest of your mouth.  But this isn’t a sickeningly sweet raspberry candy kind of flavor.  It is more true to ripe raspberries, a taste reminiscent of an idle, sunny summer day.

The aroma when vaping changed as well.  As did the taste, the aroma was more delicate, more appealing, than straight out of the bottle.

I slowly started raising the wattage on my mod, trying to see if there was a point where the flavor would change and start to taste burnt or off.  When I reached 125 watts, I stopped trying – the flavor just kept getting better and better each time.  In fact, I wound up vaping Truffle Shuffle at 125 watts all night.

While I wouldn’t necessarily classify Truffle Shuffle in my “all day vape” category like Coil Vape’s Nectarcus, it definitely is something to be enjoyed slowly.  This would be a perfect after-dinner vape, maybe with an espresso or a glass of really good wine.

You definitely will NOT be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment