Wednesday, June 10, 2015

REVIEW - Baja Blast by Puff Vapor



Puff Vapor



Baja Blast


It’s summertime, just in case you missed that.  With summer’s arrival comes Mountain Dew’s release of their Taco Bell original Baja Blast in cans and bottles.  In case you haven’t tried this particular flavor in Mountain Dew’s ever expanding flavor line up, here is the flavor profile of the drink from their own wiki page:

Baja Blast is a Mountain Dew flavor. Its standard Taco Bell tagline is "A tropical lime storm" while its store release tagline was "DEW with a blast of Natural and Artificial tropical lime flavor."

Baja Blast is actually one of the more popular flavors Mountain Dew has dreamed up, and I personally know people who stock up every summer when the bottles and cans appear in the stores so they don’t have to make a “run to the border” just to satisfy a craving.  But what can you do if you can’t tolerate the huge amounts of sugar in soda or, heaven forbid, live somewhere close enough that you can satisfy that craving all the time?

Now you can vape it!

Several different e-juice companies have come up with their own takes on this popular flavor, Puff Vapor in Las Vegas being one.

Being a fan of Baja Blast but no longer able to really tolerate the large amounts of sugar in this tasty beverage, I was excited to try Puff’s take on it.  I ordered a bottle when I ordered my cherry limeade, eager to see just how close they came to the real thing.

Opening my bottle, I wanted to get a sense of what the juice was like.  So I smelled it.  The odor had a hint of lime to it, but it smelled more like traditional Mountain Dew than it did Baja Blast.  I still kept my hopes up because I know some e-juices change when they’re heated.

Sampling a drop on my finger, the taste was fruity, but I didn’t really taste much lime or Mountain Dew flavor in it.  Again, I still kept my hopes up, hoping heating the juice would change the flavor to be more like Baja Blast (or even just more like Mountain Dew itself).

I juiced up some fresh cotton and fired off my mod a few times to see if the aroma changed at all with heat.  The smell was sweet, fruity, but I didn’t pick up any hints of lime or Mountain Dew in it.

Upon inhale, I tasted a very sweet lime flavor, but it wasn’t much like the “tropical lime storm” in Baja Blast.  The flavor really intensified when it hit the back of my tongue.

On exhale, the lime flavor was more like that in Baja Blast but, at least to me, I tasted more traditional Mountain Dew flavor than I did Baja Blast.

I started increasing the wattage, looking for a harshness or change in the juice’s flavor, and at about 105 watts, the flavor started to taste a little harsh.

Overall, if you like a sweet lime vape, this is a good buy.  Because the lime flavor is more like a lime candy than it is real lime, this juice didn’t have that harsh throat hit citrus vapes can sometimes have.  But, if you’re looking for a flavor more like Baja Blast, there are better ones out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment