Wednesday, June 10, 2015

REVIEW - Thoth by Crescent City Clouds









Crescent City Clouds



Thoth


There’s a lot to be said for the little comforts in life.  A favorite blanket or secluded spot to which to retreat on a bad day; a favorite food to comfort you when you’re feeling blue; a cup of hot chocolate and a slice of freshly baked banana bread or nut bread to warm not just your body but also your soul on a cold, gloomy day.

It’s not very often that, when exploring things like new e-juices to try, that you find something that is as comforting as one of your go-to retreat or food.  Yet Thoth by Crescent City Clouds has managed to do just that.

According to their website, the flavor profile for Thoth is:

Savory nut bread sprinkled with vanilla and chocolate

With a description like that, who wouldn’t want to try it?

Opening a brand new bottle of Thoth, I breathed deeply to see just what this juice smelled like without heat.  The juice was vaguely nutty with chocolate, vanilla, and a sweet smell combining in a very comforting aroma.  It made me eager to try it.

Sampling a drop on my finger, the taste was quite incredible.  The juice was sweet, but not too sweet, and savory all at the same time.  I could taste hints of chocolate and a hint of something like a creamy vanilla icing.  Underneath all that was something very similar to a fresh loaf of banana bread right out of the oven.

I juiced up some fresh cotton and, as I always do, fired my mod a few times before actually vaping.  The aroma rising from my RDA was warm, savory, nutty with a hint of sweetness.

That first inhale was very comforting.  It was nutty, savory, not all that sweet except when the vapor hit the back of my throat.  When it hit the back of my tongue and throat, I could taste a tiny hint of vanilla.

The exhale was just as good.  The taste was that of a really good pecan or walnut bread with just a bit of chocolate.  I could also taste vanilla, like a creamy icing drizzled on top of the bread.

At increased wattage, the flavors in the juice improved.  The chocolate and vanilla became subtly more prominent, but they never overpowered that warm nut bread.

All in all, I can say this juice is one that will be in my rotation.  After emptying the first 30ml bottle I had, I had to order another.  It is easily an all-day vape and one that is very comforting on days where the stress levels threaten to drown you.

No comments:

Post a Comment