Tuesday, June 9, 2015

REVIEW - Tierra's Mix by Strix Elixirs

Strix Elixirs



Tierra’s Mix


Summertime means spending time with friends and loved ones at a cookout or just chilling by the pool or lake.  Often that means enjoying an ice cold beer or your favorite mixed drink while you do – including maybe a fuzzy navel Seagram’s cooler (or even the fuzzy navel itself!)

Tierra’s Mix by Strix Elixirs was developed with that awesome fuzzy navel taste in mind.  Not part of their official line (or even their wonderful Beta flavors), this was requested as a custom mix by loyal Strix customer Tierra Avila.  She was in search of a juice that tasted just like one from one of her favorite lines that had been discontinued, so she turned to juice maestro Jennifer Zeares and asked her to work her magic.

Magic is what this juice is, pure and simple.

Since this is not on their website (you CAN order this, though, so don’t worry!  Just order a custom bottle and write in the comments that you’d like your custom bottle to be a bottle of Tierra’s Mix), there’s not an official flavor profile.  But, according to Tierra, it’s meant to taste like a fuzzy navel wine cooler.  That means lots of juicy orange and peach to make the mouth water.  After listening to Tierra ooh and aah over the custom blend, I knew I had to order a bottle!

When it came in the mail, I cracked the seal and inhaled the aroma.  My senses were filled with bright orange notes underscored by a juicy peach (yes, you could actually smell how juicy the peach would be).  Since I LOVE fuzzy navels and since that Seagram’s Fuzzy Navel cooler is actually one of my favorite wine cooler type drinks, I knew I’d made a wise decision ordering this.

Taste testing a drop on my finger, I was impressed by how spot-on the flavor truly was.  Without heat, the peach is the star but it’s nicely supported by a bright orangey backdrop.

Excitedly, I juiced up some fresh cotton and got ready to have my taste buds wowed.  But first, I wanted to see what the juice smelled like with heat applied.  As my coils heated the juice, the air around me was filled with this awesome fuzzy navel aroma – and that’s the only way to actually describe it.  The peach and the orange were now equal flavors in the vapor that danced around my head.  It was a heady mix.

On that first inhale, I could taste fresh peach flavor (just like you actually do in a fuzzy navel, the peach schnapps taking the limelight over the orange juice), and I was instantly in love. 

On the exhale, the peach was milder, and this allowed the orange flavor to steal the show.

Since I started at 50 watts (as I always do), I started increasing the wattage on my mod to see if there was any harshness at all.  (This can actually be a concern with any juice that has a citrusy component.)  But, as my other experience with Strix has been, I didn’t find a higher wattage that caused this to get harsh at all.  The reverse was actually true – it just kept getting better and better!!

If you’re a fan of a damn good Fuzzy Navel – or even just a fan of orange and peach flavor combinations – this is DEFINITELY a juice you need to order!  You will not be disappointed.  It can easily become an all-day vape!!

No comments:

Post a Comment