Tuesday, June 9, 2015

REVIEW - The Downside by The Schwartz




The Schwartz



The Downside



“Prepare to vape yogurt.”

The Schwartz is an E-liquid company based in Torrance, California that is just beginning to get established. They just launched towards the end of November and are already making a big splash in the industry.Vaping with Vapinski

They are currently mixing in a sterile and safe lab environment and use USP American made ingredients from FDA inspected facilities. The owner believes that you not only have to be good at what you do in this industry, but “think outside the box.” (I am so very glad they use the same principle as I do in life!! My unique review style is what got me noticed and this column!!) As soon as they got into vaping, it became a passion of theirs. The vape community is amazing and they quickly realized this is where they belong.  (from the Vaping with Vapinski reviews on Spinfuel’s website:  http://spinfuel.com/vaping-with-vapinski-schwartz/)

Now, I must confess.  I became determined to try this line of e-liquid for one reason and one reason only – I am a HUGE Mel Brooks fan (and what fan couldn’t resist the pull of a line of juice themed after the movie Spaceballs?)  The fact that I was hearing such positive things about it only added to the determination to try it.

I dragged my feet on actually ordering any of the juices in The Schwartz line because I wasn’t quite sure from which website I was going to order it.  When I found out a local vape shop started carrying it (quite by accident, too), I pulled the trigger and bought a bottle of The Downside to try.

According to the makers of The Downside, the flavor profile is:

Spot-on Greek yogurt topped off with fresh blueberries

That’s right!  Instead of being a custard base flavor (like is extremely popular), The Downside has Greek yogurt as the base flavor (as do all three liquids in The Schwartz line).

As soon as I got into my car after buying a bottle, I immediately opened the bottle just to see what the liquid smelled like.  Oh my, the aroma was EXACTLY like blueberry Greek yogurt.  You could smell the fresh blueberries and that subtle twang of a really good yogurt.

This was an encouraging sign.

Sampling a drop on my finger, I immediately noticed that the flavor was not artificial in any way.  I could taste the tanginess of Greek yogurt and the freshness of the blueberries.  It was delicious.

I changed out the cotton in my mod and juiced up, ready for a unique flavor adventure.  I fired it a few times at 50 watts, and my car filled with the aroma of blueberries and yogurt.  The odor had changed with the addition of heat – the blueberries were more prominent than the yogurt smell.

On that first inhale, I could tell the juice makers at The Schwartz knew what they were doing.  The first flavor I could discern was a very mild vanilla Greek yogurt – not too overwhelming and without the tang a lot of people dislike so much about Greek yogurt.  The blueberry flavor on the inhale was mild, but it was fresh blueberries – not an artificial candy flavor – that didn’t overwhelm the yogurt.

On the exhale, I could still pick up the taste of blueberry but once again, it didn’t overwhelm the yogurt flavor.  You could still savor that yummy, somewhat savory flavor of the yogurt.  It was quite different, but it was also very good.

If you’re looking for a change from the traditional custard vapes out there and you love fresh blueberries, The Schwartz’s The Downside is definitely a great juice to pick up.  I’ve gone through THREE BOTTLES in about a week and a half since discovering this local shop was carrying the line.  I can’t wait to try the other two flavors in the line – The Upside and Comb The Desert.





No comments:

Post a Comment