Monday, June 8, 2015

REVIEW - Seedless by Strix Elixir







Strix Elixirs


http://www.strixelixirs.com


Seedless


Tonight, we’re talking watermelon.  There’s not a flavor that’s more iconic of warm, sunny days spent at a neighborhood barbecue, surrounded by friends and family.  Once the temperatures start warming up, hundreds of these large, solid, dark green melons appear in grocery stores all over the country, and you know it’s truly summertime once again.

I don’t know of an e-liquid more reminiscent of the true flavor of this sweet beacon of days spent at the lake than Seedless by Strix Elixirs.

But let me tell you right now, if you’re looking for something that is the flavor of your favorite gum or candy, this is NOT that e-liquid.  (I’ll give you a good recommendation for that in another review.)

The flavor profile of Seedless, according to their website, is

Nope. No more seeds! Watermelon with a hint of cream. You don't have to wait for summer, either! Enjoy this cooling treat any time of year.

Once again, the juice maestro at Strix Elixirs, Jennifer Zeares, has made an e-juice that tastes just like their targeted flavor.  Not the biggest watermelon fan in the world (I much prefer that somewhat artificial watermelon candy flavor), I was inspired to try this juice after hearing so many wonderful things about it from friends who use this as an all-day vape.  So I had to order a bottle.

Upon receiving the juice, I went through my taste test ritual.  I cracked open the bottle and squeeze it a couple times just to smell what the juice was like without heat.  The aroma is very much like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.  It is at once a very familiar odor that brings to mind happy childhood memories of begging your mom for your favorite candy at the grocery store – and brimming with happiness when she finally caved to all your pleas.  But there was so much more to that aroma…

Sampling just a small amount on my finger, the actual taste was sweet – kind of like a piece of candy but not much like it at the same time.

Encouraged by this awesome taste, I had to juice up some fresh cotton to experience the juice like it was meant to be sampled.

The aroma when I fired my mod a few times was definitely NOT a candy-like or artificial smell.  It was that aroma of fresh watermelon as you first cut into a ripe melon, excited to serve up a slice of summer.

I set my mod at 50 watts and took my first inhale of this sweet juice.  The flavor was not overwhelming like the artificial candy flavor can be at times.  It was that sweet (but not too sweet) juicy taste of your first bite of a slice of watermelon.  I honestly looked down at my hands, expecting to find them covered in the melon’s juices.  It was pleasantly surprising to taste something that captured the flavor of true watermelon so well.

On the exhale, you still get that juicy watermelon flavor but with just a hint of cream to mellow out the flavor.

As with every juice by Strix that I’ve sampled so far, I couldn’t find a point where the juice’s flavor become harsh with increased wattage.  It remained true even at 150 watts (which is where my mod tops out.)

While I’m still not the biggest watermelon fan in the world, I can see myself ordering another bottle of Seedless in the future.  It makes for a delicious change in my mainly fruit flavored juice rotation – and for those of you who LOVE a delicious juicy watermelon, I can easily see this becoming your all-day vape.

No comments:

Post a Comment