Tuesday, June 9, 2015

REVIEW - Redtastic by Jubs Joose

Jubs Joose



Redtastic


I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite memories of childhood was being able to grab a red vine licorice rope and use it as a straw in whatever beverage I happened to be drinking at the moment.  That smooth cherry candy flavor mixed – most of the time with a cold Pepsi or Coke – was definitely a treat I didn’t get to enjoy very often.

Red Vines are still a very popular brand of cherry licorice today.  They’ve even been mentioned on CBS’s popular sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” – in one episode, Sheldon was refusing to go to specific movie theaters because they didn’t carry Red Vines!!

So in the name of childhood nostalgia, I had to try Jubs Joose’s Redtastic.

On the website, the flavor profile is listed as (and I swear I didn’t remember the flavor profile before I started typing up this review):

Redtastic- is a spot on red licorice just like the famous ones that come in a box that you get at the movie theatre. The best way to describe the experience you get from Redtastic is if you took a red licorice piece and bit off the ends to make a licorice straw and you were to breathe through the piece of licorice, the flavor is perfect, and best of all no sugar, dyes, or calories!

Upon arrival, I opened the bottle just to see what the juice smelled like.  Straight out of the bottle, it was evident that this was meant to be a cherry candy-themed e-liquid, but it wasn’t a harsh, extremely artificial smell like a lot of cherry candies have.  It was a very good sign.

Even just sampling a drop on my finger, the flavor was right there – definitely cherry licorice ropes.  I was very impressed at how spot on the flavor was.

Excited to sample something that should taste like a page out of my childhood, I juiced up some fresh cotton and fired off my mod (set at 50 watts) a couple times.  The air was filled with that distinctive aroma you’re hit with when you first open a bag of Red Vines or Twizzlers.  The smell was very distinctive and unforgettable.

I knew my taste buds were in for a real treat!

On that first inhale, I could immediately taste the cherry candy flavor, but, again, it wasn’t the intensely artificial cherry flavor so many people object to with cherry candy.  But once it hit the back of my tongue and my throat, I could tell it wasn’t just any ol’ cherry candy – I could tell it was cherry licorice.

On the exhale, it was nothing but pure Red Vines in my mouth!!

I then started increasing the wattage on my mod, trying to see if there was a setting where the juice started tasting harsh or if the flavor changed at all.  Even at 150 watts, the flavor remained the mellow cherry licorice flavor.

I had to put this juice through one more test to see how it holds up to an actual Red Vine rope.  I had a bottle of Coke Float from Moose Knuckle, so I juiced up half the cotton in my mod with Redtastic and half with Coke Float.

Let me tell you, that flavor was DEFINITELY a BIG page out of my childhood.  It took me straight back to those days when using a Red Vine rope as a straw was a treat!!  The flavor was exactly the same!

If, like TV’s Dr. Sheldon Cooper, you’re a fan of that Red Vines flavor, I highly recommend ordering some Redtastic!  You will not be disappointed by the flavor, and it can easily be an all-day vape (I seriously vaped it all day when making notes for this review and on some other occasions since receiving the juice!)


No comments:

Post a Comment